Covid Safety Message
A Safety Message from Kaiser Permanente:
Kaiser Permanente is pleased to serve as sponsor of the 2022 Oakland Running Festival. Your health and safety are of paramount importance to us. This is particularly true as we navigate the pandemic together. The Oakland Running Festival’s COVID-19 guidelines for race day will help safeguard your health and well-being and the health of the community. It is important to adhere closely to each of these protocols.
These safety protocols include the following:
Many adjustments to this event have been made already in an effort to make participants as safe as possible.
As a way to thin out crowds, The Oakland Running Festival will conduct packet pick-up outside at Snow Park Saturday March 19th & Friday evening March 18th. In addition, the event will also be offering 2 remote pick-ups at Road Runner Sports during the week in Berkely and Concord.
Recommendations – The following safety measures are recommended on race day:
- Participants are encouraged to wear surgical/disposable masks in start/finish areas and in congregation locations in the village.
- Participants are also asked to socially distance in start and finish areas. There will be lanes that will ensure that distancing is maintained throughout the start line.
- We encourage all participants to get vaccinated and boosted. This is the best way to ensure everyone’s safety.
– If you are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19 during race week, please stay home.
*Given higher transmissibility of the Omicron variant, cloth masks alone are no longer recommended.
- Whenever possible everyone wear a non-vented mask, such as an N95, KN95, or KF94 respirator. These masks offer extra protection from COVID-19.
- Other recommended options include wearing a cloth mask over surgical/disposable masks to improve the seal of the mask to the face. Given the higher transmissibility of the Omicron variant, cloth masks alone are no longer recommended.
Note that we have implemented the following measures to help safeguard the health of all runners, staff, and attendees at the race:
Surgical/disposable masks will be available within the finish festival and at all medical tents.
Online pre-sale of merchandise was offered to reduce the amount of people in the merchandise booth on site.
The Oakland Running Festival has offered a virtual option to give those who do not feel comfortable attending the in-person race an alternative option for participation.
We thank you for your partnership in ensuring that the above safety measures are closely followed at this year’s race. Please familiarize yourself with these requests and share them with fellow runners.
We look forward to supporting your health as you take part in this opportunity to enjoy exercise and pursue personal fitness. Whether you choose to participate in this year’s event in person in Oakland or virtually, we thank you for supporting this great Oakland event and wish you a refreshing, rejuvenating and safe run in the great outdoors.