Oakland Running Festival Switched to Virtual
All ORF Events Switched to Virtual
Today, we sadly announce that the 2020 Oakland Running Festival Kaiser Permanente Half Marathon, and Team Relay rescheduled for late August will become a virtual event. The Total Health Dental Care 5K and the Eat. Play. Learn. Kids Fun Run scheduled for October 31st will also become virtual. All participants have the option to defer to 2021 but will need to follow the steps below to ensure the change. We are putting all our effort into making the virtual event as engaging as possible and planning for a live event in 2021.
COVID-19 infection rates continue to surge in California. We had hoped by delaying our decision until the summer we would witness positive progress with the pandemic, but it simply is not safe to hold a large running event in the current environment. This is not the outcome any of us wanted. However, we truly feel it is the best and safest decision for everyone.
We love putting on events and are as hopeful as the running community that we will all be together in person again soon!
We’ve adjusted our plans accordingly and offer you the following options:
OPTION 1: Run the Virtual Oakland Running Festival (NO ACTION REQUIRED)
- Participate virtually by running your distance and on your own “course” at your pace on your preferred date in accordance with your local or state social distancing guidelines.
- We’ll ship virtual participants their race shirt and race medal (no additional charge)
- Opportunity to upload race times until midnight on August 30th
- Engage in social media promotions such as photo contests and trivia
- Those who run virtually will receive priority registration and a discount off their 2021 registration..
- All entrants will be switched to VIRTUAL PARTICIPANT by default (unless you choose option 2 below to defer)
OPTION 2: DEFER MY REGISTRATION (ACTION REQUIRED; DEADLINE 8/15)
- If you choose not to participate in the virtual 2020 Oakland Running Festival, you can defer your entry until next year’s event (tentative March 21, 2021).
- You must make your deferment decision prior to Aug 15th, 2020. There is no charge to defer.
- Deferred entries will not receive this year’s race premiums
- To complete your deferral, follow these steps:
- Log into RunSignUp and go to your profile: https://runsignup.com/Profile
- Under the Upcoming Events section, click MANAGE REGISTRATION next to your Oakland Running Festival Registration
- Click the DEFER REGISTRATION tab
- Click the CONFIRM DEFERRAL button
- Here is a tutorial with more information: https://help.runsignup.com/support/solutions/articles/17000062915-defer-registration-claim-deferral
Please reach out to customer service with questions or concerns: [email protected]
Per our policy which every runner agrees to during the online registration process, CSE does not offer registration refunds.