OFFICIAL TRAINING PROGRAM
LMJS MARATHON TRAINING BEGINS SOON
Training for the 2016 Oakland Running Festival will begin shortly and we want to introduce you to one of our official training groups for 2015. They come with the Oakland Running Festival stamp of approval and will get you properly prepared for whichever race you do on March 20.
Lake Merritt Joggers and Striders (LMJS) was founded in 1977 by a small group of regulars training at Lake Merritt near downtown Oakland. The tradition of the monthly Fourth Sunday Run began then; it remains emblematic of our commitment to provide regular races over a fast-certified course at low cost. We consider ourselves a community resource, and are recognized as such by the City of Oakland and the Oakland Parks and Recreation Department
It’s time to start getting ready for the Oakland Running Festival! Join Lake Merritt Joggers and Striders’ Marathon and Half Marathon Training Program! Why join?
- Program designed for the Oakland Running Festival (marathon and half marathon)
- Long runs will go by faster when you run with a group
- Benefit from the experience of dedicated coaches and pace group leaders
- Meet runners who run at your speed
- Stay motivated and fit through the winter
For more information or to register, go to: www.lmjs.org/training/marathon .