Corrigan Sports announced today the permanent addition of the distance to Oakland’s biggest celebration of running. The team relay has been phased out to accommodate the new 10K distance, but relay participants from previous years are encouraged to form a social team. Social teams allow runners of all distances to partner up and earn discounts and other benefits.
In addition to a one of a kind race shirt, every registered runner will be awarded with the event’s Oakland mural inspired medal. Those who run the 10K virtually, will have the option to run wherever they chose! For more information on running the 10K virtually, visit HERE.
ANYONE CAN REGISTER FOR THIS NEW DISTANCE!
- Any new registrants who want to take on the 10K distance are welcome to register HERE.
- Those who are signed up for a the marathon or the half-marathon and their training is not going as planned are able to downgrade to the 10K by following THESE STEPS
- Any one signed up for the 5k who would like to take on the 10k can upgrade by paying the difference in the entry fee by following THESE STEPS.
OPTION TO RUN VIRTUALLY
When registering, all will have the option to sign up and run virtually. All virtual participants will have the option to upgrade to join the live event until March 3.
All virtual runners will receive their race premium and medal in the mail and be able to submit their times online.
Learn more HERE
STILL WANT TO RUN WITH A TEAM? JOIN A SOCIAL TEAM!
Having the support of your friends during your training and race is priceless, but we decided to add an extra incentive! Regardless of when your teammates register, the entire group will get a $10 refund/discount once your team reaches 10 or more members. (The 10th member, and anyone after that, will automatically receive the discounted price. Members 1-9 will get a refund directly back to the card used to pay for registration.)
LEARN MORE HERE.
Packet Pick Up
We are hoping to hold a live, socially distanced packet pick up in March. More information TBA!
If you do not attend the packet pick up, your items will automatically be mailed to you!
The event will utilize the newest timing technology. The B-tag technology offers runners a more streamlined race experience than the traditional chip system. B-Tags are attached to participant bib and clearly marked with the corresponding bib number. This eliminates the need to scan your chip at the expo.
In addition, runners do not need to return the tag and can dispose of it at their convenience. This means no more sitting down to undo your shoe lace just after your run and it also means you no longer have to worry about the $30 charge for a lost chip.
Tips to have your time accurately recorded:
- Race bib is clearly visible on the front of the torso
- Race bib is unaltered and unmodified (Do not fold or wrinkle)
- Race bib is pinned in all four corners
- Race bib is not covered (jackets, runner belts, water bottles, etc.)
BIB NUMBER REQUIREMENTS
- All registered participants will receive bib numbers that must be worn on race day.
- Please fill in the necessary medical and emergency contact information on the back of the bib number with a pen or waterproof marker.
- Please do not alter the bib in any way.
- The bib must be visible and worn on the front outside of all clothing during the entire race.
- Make sure your bib number is clearly visible for the race photographers.
- Bib numbers are non-transferable and must be worn by the registrant to whom it has been assigned.
- Awards will be given to the top three male and female finishers in each five-year age group. No duplicate awards.
- Age Groups: 19 & under, 20 – 24, 25 – 29, 30 – 34, 35 – 39, 40 – 44, 45 – 49, 50 – 54, 55 – 59, 60 – 64, 65 – 69, 70 +
- Trophies will be given to the top three overall champions
- Awards will be given to the overall masters division
- Cash prizes will no longer be awarded.
- Awards will be mailed approximately 3 weeks after race day, once results are finalized.